Our pregnancy story

"this is the start of your sweet little story, the part where your page meets mine. No matter where your tale takes you tomorrow, our story will always read LOVE."

(the above picture was found on google and is not my image. This is temporary until I can shoot my own)

When I first saw that pregnancy stick turn positive, I knew my life had instantly changed. And not just the no-sushi, no more wine, no more heavy workout's way that is. I always thought I would be scared the moment I found out I was expecting, but I wasn't. I felt calm and happy. Rushing around town to reveal the news to Chris in a crazy, creative way was the most fun start to this journey. Seeing the tears welled up in Chris' eyes affirmed me we both felt the same way. It was like our whole lives, relationship, and marriage brought us to here to somewhere only we know. Finding out we would be parents was the fresh breathe of air I had wanted my whole life.

I knew right away I wanted to do many special things to document every moment here on out. I decided on a blog and weekly pregnancy progression shots coordinating for a book! I came up with the concept "fly, baby" organically. Through all the adversities in my own personal life the only means to overcome it all was the ability to soar through it. While taking the good in with the bad I always came out stronger. Our wish for our baby is to fly through every chapter life offers, coming out wiser, happier, and more durable each time. This is our next and newest, greatest, unexpected chapter and I can't wait to share every bit with you.



Wednesday, November 2, 2011

that's not a food baby, that's a pregnant belly!

I'm 11 weeks, 3 days! Only 6 more months to go...

(This blog totally inspires me to be better about blogging in this little guy. If you haven't seen it on pinterest.com, you should: http://littlebabygarvin.blogspot.com/ She is just so cute with all the updates and I just love how simple she keeps it-- just an easy way to document this amazing, awesome, fun, wonderful, magical, (did I say joyous?) journey. That is probably all you ever hear of pregnancy and although I am ecstatic to the moon and back about baby D, there is SO MUCH back story to this whole growing a baby thing... boy, let me tell you.....)

What's been going on? I have unfortunately been really, really sick. From hot flashes (seriously, you don't just get them in menopause, my MIL and I joke we have the same symptoms) to crazy hormones changes (poor Chris) to food aversions, extreme fatigue and exhaustion (I literally have to take a 2 hour nap every day!), overall discomfort, skin breakouts, bloating,... and the worst of them all- the nausea and... what happens afterwards. I have grown such an aversion to straight diary products (milk, ice cream, yogurt!) which I think that is so odd considering I LOVE MILK! On top of all the morning sickness that lasts 24-7 (not just in the morning!), I have been recovering, STILL, from my wisdom teeth surgery. Timing always has its way! I literally became gestationally pregnant the SAME week, only 1 day off, from my surgery and it really complicated things. From severe symptoms to getting an infection in 3 extraction spots, I've had 3 surgeries in 11 weeks. So, it's been an exciting pregnancy, haha... I was starting to feel a little "better" for about 2 weeks, but it seems that it's started up again. And, what's the funniest? Just looking like I ate too many burgers one week... and not really *looking* pregnant. And, please don't get me wrong, I am grateful to be pregnant and to tackle on this journey and I try so hard not to complain, because this is truly a freaking miracle, but can we fast forward 9 months when this adorable cherab of a baby comes out loving it's mama? :) Sounds like a plan to me...

What's current with Baby D, C, and me? On the positive side, I am almost out of my first trimester-- hooray! This also means Chris and I get to hear our babies heartbeat next week. We are pretty pumped about this! We both feel like it will *feel* more real once we hear it. I had the privilege of seeing the heartbeat, but hearing it really makes it official. We have already started nesting... bad. This past weekend, we converted my office into a somewhat blank space, converted our unused "dining" space into a chic and simple office that is still functional to use to dine in, and removed a couple big pieces of furniture to sell. Yes, we are already making room for baby AND baby proofing! We debated several options as far as living space is concerned. Should we rent a house? Buy a house? Get a larger apartment? WHAT TO DO? So, we decided that the best, most financially intelligent choice would be to stay put in our affordable and quaint 2 bedroom apartment and make do. It's a pretty large space for us, bottom floor, and the nursery room is really a great size-- not too large, but not too small. And, when our lease is up the baby will only be 9 months old, so how mobility does a 9 month old have? Does the baby really need a 4 bedroom home, 2 car garage, 2000 sq. ft. space? Nah. Less is more :) We have plenty of crawling space for you Baby D right here.

And as soon as I have a cute round bump to show off, I will start my weekly progression shots, but really, my belly looks just like yours... after that burrito eating contest you did this weekend.

<--- here's our "new" back yard. I really should have shot a before picture... it was really bad and nothing cute to look at. Could have a real white picket fence? For $20, we bought knee high fencing, perfect for our pup (yorkie) billy. We are still looking for the perfect outdoor chairs to complete the space. 

What's up next? We will find out in only 6 MORE WEEKS, 1 week before Christmas, if we are having a boy or girl... will it be a:
Charlotte Rose Dovel 
Or a,
Henry George Dovel

Our next phase of nesting will consist of cleaning out our storage garage, adding more to it to make more room, and creating a blank clean slate to officially turn what was my office into a perfect, cozy spot for baby.






I look forward to...
looking pregnant, wearing cute maternity clothes, being in the 2nd "golden" trimester, no more throw up, buying baby clothes and.... PLANNING A NURSERY!!!!!!




4 comments:

  1. An adorable, heart felt post :) Looking forward to reading more and the weekly belly shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so stinkin excited for you. I cant wait to read more post about baby D, and looking at your weekly baby bump pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you!! I, too, had the belly that just made me look fat rather than pregnant. I was so disappointed that way but after the baby was born, it just melted right back off--yay! With our 2nd baby, I was ALL belly and 2 1/2 years later, I'm still fighting it so that non-preggo looking belly may just be a better thing in the long run anyway. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg Alex I LOVE the names you have chosen! If we ever fall pregnant we have always wanted Charlotte Rose!!! Much luck and best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete